Welcome to St. John's!
God loves you. No exceptions.®
We are an eclectic blend of old and young, believers and seekers, life long Episcopalians and those who are "testing the waters." Our community is knit together by our love of God and our desire to share that love with each other through worship, acts of service, and spiritual formation. Here you will find a safe place to learn, experience, think, question, and grow.
COVID-19 and St. John's
Updated 5/22 - Happy Easter! Christ is Risen!
Sunday Morning Prayer Livestreams
We are excited to livestream our Sunday Morning Prayer Services on Youtube. You can find the next (or ongoing) service by going to live.stjohnscf.org. The accompanying bulletin will be linked in the stream description (under the video) before each service. For anyone who wants to belatedly worship with us, old services can be found at vids.stjohnscf.org. This is still a new exercise for us, but we hope to keep livestreaming as virtual worship continues. Other resources for online workship can be found further down this page.
May 23rd Soup's On, 11:30am-12:30pm
Soup's On will once again operate as a drive-thru service. Anyone who drives up to our handicapped entrance between 11:30am to 12:30pm on Saturday, May 23rd, will receive a free hot meal to take home (see map for directions).
Interested in helping out at Soup's On?
We would like to include a piece of fruit in every meal. Donating half-a-dozen pieces of fruit would really help. Fruit can be dropped off at the handicapped entrance between 9am-11am on May 23rd.
May 31st: Phase 2 of reopening for public worship
As described in our May 22nd newsletter, on May 31st the Dioceses of Ohio and Southern Ohio will begin Phase 2 of public worship. Our Vestry will meet in the coming days to devise a plan for our parish, in consultation with members. More information is coming.
Note: The items below may change as we reopen, but plans have not been set.
- Activities are cancelled. Please read this letter from Rev. Sally, and this letter from Bishop Hollingsworth. As news and reflections are sent over email, I will do my best to collect them here. Rev. Sally is available for pastoral calls (her contact info is here).
- In person AA meetings are cancelled at this time. Place contact Akron area AA for more information. Online meeting information is available here.
- I'm assuming NA meetings are also cancelled, but I don't know. Contact NA for information.
- If you feel like you need the help of a professional counselor, use this site to find someone who is available for online sessions. Getting through the day in these turbulent times can be hard.
- If you are able, reach out to neighbors that you know cannot travel freely during this outbreak. You can show God's love and care through a grocery or prescription run.
Other resources for online worship
- Rev. Sally is hosting Morning Prayer on Zoom every weekday: 7am on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and 10am on Tuesdays, Thursdays. Email Rev. Sally if you are interested.
- Our Presiding Bishop is posted weekly meditations about these troubling times through May, available here.
- The National Cathedral in Washington, DC is broadcasting Morning and Evening Prayer, Monday-Saturday with Eucharist on Sunday. View it here.
- Trinity Cathedral in Cleveland will broadcast a Eucharist service at 10am, Sundays. More information here. Trinity also has an archive of choral Evensong services, available here.
All events are cancelled until further notice.
Visit our Facebook page!
The rest of the site can be explored using the menu at the top of the page.